Front doors can make or break the curb appeal of a home. Not only do front doors add to the aesthetic of your home, but they also serve as one of the most important security features. From materials and styles to hardware and maintenance, here’s everything you need to know about front doors.
When selecting a front door, it is essential to consider the material that would best fit your needs. Here are some popular front door materials:
– Fiberglass: A fiberglass front door is a great choice because it is extremely durable and low-maintenance. It can be painted or stained in any color and texture you like, so you have plenty of options to customize the front door of your house.
– Steel: Steel front doors can provide more security than fiberglass because they are thicker and heavier. Steel front doors also come with a weatherproof coating, making them highly durable and ideal for extreme climates.
– Wood: For those who want an elegant, traditional look for their front door, wood is the go-to material. However, wooden front doors require regular maintenance in order to keep them looking good and functioning properly.
When considering front doors, you should also consider various styles that can work with the architecture of your home. Here are some popular front door styles:
– Traditional: These front doors feature classic designs such as paneled or glass inserts and decorative hardware.
– Modern: Modern front doors are characterized by sleek, minimalist designs that often feature a combination of materials like wood and glass.
– Craftsman: These front doors have a unique style with angular lines and decorative hardware that is reminiscent of the Arts & Crafts movement minishortner.
The right door hardware can take your front door to the next level. There are many types of front door hardware to choose from, including knobs, levers, deadbolts, and handlesets. It’s important to select front door hardware that matches the style of your front door for a cohesive look.
To ensure that your front door lasts for years to come, it’s important to perform regular maintenance. This includes cleaning the front door with a soft cloth and warm water, checking for signs of wear and tear, and regularly lubricating the hinges to keep them from rusting. Additionally, if your front door is made of wood or metal, it’s important to apply a waterproof sealant every few years to prevent weather damage.
Front doors are an essential part of any home that adds both aesthetic appeal and security. When selecting front doors, consider factors such as materials, styles, hardware, and maintenance in order to make sure you choose the perfect front door for your home. With this information in mind, you can be sure to find the best front door possible that will last for years to come. If you’re looking to buy a front door, check out Valeanto’s Iron Doors.