If you live in Orange County, you are probably aware of the astounding number of traffic accidents that are reported every year. Getting involved in one, however, could be an entirely different and traumatizing experience. While the law doesn’t require claimants to have a lawyer to file a claim, it could be the most appropriate step in the given circumstances. If you have visited a few law firms, here are some signs that you have found a seasoned and reliable Orange County Car Accident Attorney.
- They responded without delay. Lawyers know the value of time for filing and investigating accident claims, and they are expected to respond to new clients immediately. If you have no trouble reaching the lawyer’s office and getting an appointment for a consultation, you can be sure that they are taking you seriously.
- They are fair and objective. An injury lawyer with experience will never make promises or lie to you about the outcome. If they gave you a fair assessment and shared all relevant details, they are certainly ethical and would stick to their words.
- They answered your questions. Accident victims often have a list of queries, many of which could be repetitive for attorneys to answer. Yet, if the lawyer took the time to answer your questions and explained your rights in detail, they are undoubtedly worth your time. A skilled lawyer will also explain the legal options available to you.
- They asked for a contingency fee. Consider it to be a red flag if an injury lawyer asks for a fee to assess your claim or work on the case. Instead, they are expected to take a part of your settlement, also called the contingency fee. The right attorney will clarify the expected expenses and what they would charge when you win.
- They gave you further contact details. Communication is one aspect that many clients fail to discuss with a potential lawyer. You may not have an update from an injury lawyer every week, but you should have a way to contact them when required. If the lawyer shares their email or phone number, you can trust their work.
Finally, don’t hesitate to hire an attorney who is keen on talking about their experience. That is a big plus if they have been to court for auto accident cases. Hire a lawyer who meets these criteria immediately to start working on your claims process.